Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving

My Role as Pastry Chef to the King NBC's "Kings"




I am truly enjoying this adventure, I have now done four shoots, the latest being Monday November 17th. This is a new episode with a new Director In this shoot, the Queen is giving a banquet and the kitchen staff is getting ready under my direction.

Last week, was really fun. They shot me making croissant dough, from beginning to end, of course, we had all stages of the croissant made ahead of time. It took about 2 hours to shoot this scene, we had to shoot it from different angles- the whole shoot was interesting. The camera men said the shoot came out good. I hope it survives, and is in that episode of King's.

This role has earned me the right to join SAG. You have to have three waiver's showing you did a continuing role. According to the Casting Director, the chef to the King will continue with the series.

I decided to join SAG, and become a Background actor, and start my fourth career!! But of course my true passion is Pastries, and I will still work freelance.

I will keep you updated on my King's gig!





It is time to prepare and share Thanksgivings bounty with both friends and family. It is time for those treasured family recipes to fill the house with aroma's remembered from childhood.


In this posting I would like to share with you some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes. I hope you will try one or more of them, but more importantly enjoyed them.

No comments: