Friday, May 8, 2009

My Role as Chef Walter to the KINGS



This is my debut role as Chef Walter in the NBC series KINGS. I was making croissants for the Kings table, which the Queen did not want him to have.

I had a lot of fun making the croissants on set. That 15 second spot took a large Camera crew and me almost two hours to tape. The scenes are always shot from different angles.

This was the fourth episode in the series called Judgment Day, and NBC decided to pass judgment on the series and cancel it. Apparently American TV audiences eat up reality shows and sometimes, a show like KINGS which was smart written, and intelligent fall by the way side. I hope it will be air someday.

I was lucky, and participated in about 3 to 4 more episodes as chef.

I hope you enjoy, my debut performance.

Next week I am going to be in a Jerry Seinfeld commercial, playing an Australian. I do not know what the commercial is about yet- We tape on Tuesday.

Also, I did background work on a new movies called The Baster with Jennifer Anilson and Jason Bateman - I was part of the background audience, watching a Nude "Hamlet" Interesting- the poor actor who played Hamlet, was nude in front of about 200 hundred of us- doing the "To be or Not to Be" bit. It took about 8 takes. I forgot to mention he had a sock over you know what- but it was a very large sock!

So far this experience as a background actor has been a lot of fun, and has added a truly interesting dimension to my daily life.

I am still doing freelance catering- Last month I catered a wonderful dinner party on Fifth Avenue, at an amazing apartment. The menu I created was Mediterranean, inspired- From Italy to Morocco . Tapas Shrimp, Moroccan Pork with a Spicy Fresh Pear and Apricot sauce- it was a winner. For dessert I made an assortment of Italian cookies, and a bread pudding made with Moroccan apricots, golden raisins and figs, served with an Orange Creme Anglaise. The party went over wonderful. It was about 40 people, and a great time was had by all.


While that is it for now, I hope to add to this blog on more a a steady basis, and I hope you will pass it on to friends you think will enjoy it.

I hope to share more recipes with you, and what's going on with my background career.

PS: Also, I keep putting it off, but I hope to start soon to seriously write my Mexican Inspired Dessert Book. I have been doing a lot of research on Chocolate, vanilla, canela, chilies their legends myths and their impact on cuisines throughout the world. And in this book I hope to share with you these wonderful legends and gifts that Mexican has given the world, plus lots of my recipes that I created over the years, plus some wonderful traditional Mexican "postres" loved throughout Mexico.

Till my next update Caio
Ed

No comments: